We provide complementary education in 19 educational centers in rural areas in order to keep primary school children in school. We also train teachers and run awareness programs for families.
In the Sunderbans and Murshidabad, our educational program aims to improve children’s access to education and prevent school dropouts. To this end, we provide complementary education in educational centers, where a team of teachers reinforces the courses taught in public schools. This is done following a gender-based approach. Preschool education is also provided in the Sunderbans.
Children improve their basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics, adjusting their learning level to their age. These classes are given by local teachers trained in teaching methodologies and practices to facilitate the consolidation of the children’s learning.
The project includes:
- Tutorials in educational centers for around 1,800 primary school students in the Sunderbans (1,125) (Officepara, Majherpara, Katkhalipara, Karmakarpara, Mridhapara, Bhangan Ghata, Bagnapara, Kayalpara, Lenin Colony, Hempara, Bhuruliapara, and Badanpara) and Murshidabad (667).
- Provision of school supplies to these 1,800 primary school students.
- Maintenance of the faculty and educational centers.
- Teacher training courses to improve their teaching practices and methodologies.
- Distribution of teaching materials to teachers in 19 educational centers in the Sunderbans and Murshidabad).
- Distribution of breakfasts and height and weight monitoring for children in the Sunderbans.
In addition, in the Sunderbans, we offer traditional music classes to 60 students at the Juan Valdivia School of Music.
Beneficiary schools: 19 (14 in Sunderbans and 5 in Murshidabad)
Beneficiaries: 1,802 boys and girls between 4 and 12 years old.
#Project #India #Sunderbans